Friday 17 September 2010

A view on the weekends action

I have managed to get hold of a laptop and so here is my view on the weekends action

ON TIME!!!!!


Today I'm going to start with Sunday's early kick-off. Its the big one. Man Utd v Liverpool. This is arguably the biggest game of the premier league season. Both sets of fans will be pumped up for it and there will be alot of crunching tackles during the game. For my prediction I'm going to say a draw. My reasons are both teams have had decent starts. If Man Utd had won their mid-week game, like Liverpool, I might of tipped them to win it but they will not be confident after that night and liverpool, who won their mid-week game comfortably, will be slightly more confident. Torres needs to turn up or Liverpool will have to rely on N'Gog up front. Man Utd need to use the home advantage to their advantage. If they can start the game brightly then the crowd will start singing and that is very intimitating for any side. Don't miss this one it is gonna be a cracker. Now back to saturday and to the tea time kick-off. Sunderland host Arsenal at the stadium of light and Sunderland have a decent record against the gunners. But don't let that fool you. Arsenal are the second highest scorer in the league and are coming into this game of the back of a 6-0 win in the champions league. I reckon Arsenal will win but don't write Sunderland off, history is on their side. Stoke play West Ham at home this week and they will be boosted by getting their first win of the season while west ham sit rock bottom without a single point on the board. Stoke should win this one if they don't do anything silly especially seeing that they are at home. I think every Villa fan would admit they've had a torrid start to the season. Bolton though have have had a pretty decent start by their standards and will be looking to capitalise on Villa's bad form. I see Bolton pushing Villa a lot this game but it will be hard as they are away from home. Blackburn v Fulham isn't a very promising game because Blackburn's main tactic is to throw the ball into the box whenever they can. Fulham are without their main threat up front Bobby Zamora and will be without him for many months to come. It will be interesting to see how Mark Hughes changes his attack, personally, I would like to see Dembele in from the start. As I said, don't expect much - the most excitement you might get is ordering your hotdog from the refreshment stand before the game. Everton have proved that it's not over until the fat lady sings with two goals in two minutes to go level against United. You can read my match review in a previous post. Newcastle's 6-0 thrashing of Villa has been followed up by a draw and a defeat. They are not looking like the team that hot promoted by winning the Championship. I reckon Everton may have this one but Newcastle won't go down without a fight. Tottenham host Wolves and last season Wolves did the double over Tottenham. Wolves have also started the season brightly in terms of their football and might trouble Spurs every now and then. Tottenham will be expected to win but if history repeats itself the White half of north London will be very upset. West Brom play Birmingham and I'll admit I have underrated them this season. It turns out they gave much more quality than I first thought. Birmingham have had a solid stArt and will hope to continue it at the Hawthorns. Many people would say this game could be dull but I think this might throw up a few goals. Man City go to Wigan having had a disappointing start to the season. The way they have been playing is very good but the results are very bad. Wigan have started better than I thought they would though this will be tough. They are at home which is a help but the support they get at the DW is very minimal. Blackpool have a tough trip to Chelsea which I don't think they'll get anything out of. They have been good away from home but the last time they went one of the big boys they list 6-0. I expect something like here. As for Chelsea Frank Lampard should make his return after his hernia op.

Please comment on whether or not you prefer the new format of my view on the weekend's action. I you don't I'll happily go back to the mr format. Please be completely honest in your opinion this format was just an experiment yo see which one you preferred.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sonny, I am impressed at how much youve typed! I think youve done more than I did at school all week :) I also think you know more than my dad and i hope u are back home soon.
    Eva x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see Coles goal last night in the opening 30 seconds of the game??? Now that was a quick goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi darling
    I'm becoming a realy footie fan - and it's all because of your blog!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!
    Any chance of a bit more help with my fantasy football team - I seem to be sinking fast!!
    Love Da xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sonny
    Who do you think will win the Premier League and who will finish in the Champions League positions?

    Get well soon

    Claire (from deepest darkest Dartmoor) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your Sunderland v Arsenal shout Sonny but I feel we wont allow you any space to play your nice passing game today and will hit you from set pieces which we know is Arsenal's achilles heel. I'm going for a 2-1 win to Sunderland (but I'm always wrong so don't worry)

    Get well soon mate and keep this up, it's a great read. Better than Lawro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that comment was me by the way (andy), just in case you thought Claire had gone mad!
    x

    ReplyDelete