Wednesday 6 October 2010

Liverpool takeover is it happening!!!!!!!

I woke up this morning and the first thing I did, like every morning, was switch on Sky Sports News to see what the gossip on football was about.

And scrolling along the bottom of the screen in yellow [Which means breaking news] was that Liverpool had agreed to sell the club to the Boston Red Sox baseball team. I don't know how the fans will react but I'm looking at it from 2 prospectives.

The first one, and this is the one, that most of the fans will be taking into account, is that Hicks and Gillett will no longer be the owners of the club and that has been, in many of their eyes, the problem. But on the other hand, they are selling to more Americans and you wonder how much they care about the club or is it just the money[ though I don't see how it could be about money because Liverpool have none].

Some of the fans are delighted to have a new owner in prospect feeling that this is the start of an era at Liverpool. While others are happy that Hicks and Gilett will be out but are not sure if they like the idea of more Americans at the club.

I don't know much about takeover deals but I do know that this one has been in the balance for a while and is close to reaching a conclusion.

If you have any further details on the subject then please comment. And I will be sure to keep posting regular updates if anything happens.

Come on Claire maybe this is the start of the new 80's liverpool.

2 comments:

  1. Well Sonny, I'm not sure how to feel about it - pleased that Hicks and Gillett are hopefully on their way out. I was one of the fans protesting on the kop after the Sunderland game!! They really have lied consistently to the fans. As for the fact they will be handing over to more Americans as Andy pointed out they're not all bad. Sunderland are owned by an American. If they pay off our debt which they say they're going to do then that's got to be a step in the right direction. I fear it's too late to make an impact this season but we can start the rebuild in the Championship!! Hopefully we will go back to the heady days of the 80s but I fear it's unlikely and Man City might have something to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to see your pleased that you are happy about the switch and yes Sunderland are owned by Americans and they have had no problems as far as know. Maybe you just got stuck with the bad banana out of the bunch. In further details on the move I have heard it will be decided in the High Court after Hicks claimed that the deal was invalid. For me that is just one last desperate attempt to squeeze more money out of Liverpool by making them have to pay them to leave. Or something along that line.

    ReplyDelete