Friday 8 October 2010

Liverpool takeover

I have more details on the suppose takeover of liverpool.

They are only pointers as I am still getting all the details and will keep you up to date on anything that happens as I promised.

First, the takeover has been approved by the premier league which means that they think that the Boston Red Sox are suitable owners and that they are fit to run a club. Which is great news because without approval from the league there would be no takeover.

Hicks and Gillet are trying to block the deal believing that it is invalid. They have tried to do this by changing the staff on the board to people who are more close to them and will back them up. Again I am not the takeover man and don't know about the details of these sort of things so please please please comment with any news or any corrections about my blog or the takeover.

The most shocking news and the one that might start to worry Liverpool fans is that it is going to the High Court to be decided and if it is blocked Liverpool could face a 9 point deduction. I don't know why they would be duct the points but I know that it would be a major blow to Liverpool as they are already in trouble points wise.

So Liverpool trying to get this takeover done is now a risk because of what happens if it gets blocked. To me it seems that Hicks and Gillet are just trying to get some money out of the deal[How shocking].

2 comments:

  1. Sonny I think that's a pretty good summary of what's happening. The reason why we would get deducted 9 points is because we would go into administration and by league rules that's the punishment - it happened to Leeds and Portsmouth. I say bring it on - the fightback starts here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for explaining that to me Claire. I did know that if you went into administration that you would get a 9 point deduction but I never knew the situation was that bad.

    ReplyDelete