Monday 4 October 2010

The weekends action

It has been a good weekend of football this time out so here are my thoughts on it.

I'll start at the bridge and Chelsea are now cruising at the top of the table after defeating local rivals Arsenal 2-0. It didn't come to much of a shock to me. I'm an Arsenal fan and yes I hate to see us lose but the fact was that Chelsea were on average a ft taller and 2 stone heavier than Arsenal making Chelsea the 2nd biggest team team in the league, 2nd only to Stoke and lets face it they're huge, while Arsenal are the smallest team in the league. Because of this fact Chelsea made it impossible for us to break them down knowing they would win any ball we played over the top. I think the score line flattered them a bit. Maybe 1-0 would of been fair but when they got a free-kick in the perfect shooting position Alex didn't miss the opportunity to rub our noses in it. The positive Arsenal can take out if the game is that Fabianski was pretty solid. The goals that he conceded he couldn't do much about. And the ones he could he handled very well.

I now move to Mersyside and start with Liverpool. I said they would win this won after what the other so called big boys did to Blackpool when they came to play but I was wrong. Unfortunately Match of the day 2 didn't record last night so I missed this game and City's. But this is what I think of Liverpool at the moment. ................ . That is it I'm speechless. Roy Hodgson didn't help the moral of the players or the fans after saying after the game that he thought that Liverpool were in the battle for relegation. What talk is that coming from a man who is managing a team who were once the champions of Europe. Another thing that happened in that game was how Torres was taken off after nine minutes. I don't know if he had a nock or if Hodgson just didn't feel he was working but it was only nine minutes in and he still had over 80 minutes to make a statement in the game. If Liverpool can't start winning they can kiss Torres good bye in January. As for Blackpool I made a mistake about their away form. They have played more than half of their games away and have found nine points. We shall see if they're premier league material if they start winning the games they play at home.

Man City did what I said they had to do to stay in the race for the title and that was beating Newcastle. If I was a City fan I would like to see a few more comfortable wins though. It is good that they are winning but one day 1 goal won't be enough to see them through the whole game every week. Newcastle got salt rubbed into their wounds after Ben Arfa broke his leg and will need surgery.

Is it just me or do we seem to be having a lot of breaks this season. My example is Wolves. They were only playing for 11 minutes and already they were down to 10 men. What makes this worse is that the man making all the bad challenges is their so called inspirational captain Karl Henry. He is setting a bad example for the rest of his team. Berra tugged on N'Zogbia just out side the box and thank goodness they payed the price from the resulting free-kick which Gomez fired into the roof of the net. Maybe that will make Mick Mcarthy change his mind about his over physical approach to the game.

Man Utd missed a big opportunity to get clear of Arsenal with a disappointing point at Sunderland. What really surprised me was the team Fergie fielded. Leaving big stars on the bench in a game that could have put some real daylight between them and rest of the pack. When I watched the game it looked like Sunderland were the only team on the pitch and were very unfortunate not to win it.

Van Der Vaart is like a angel sent from heaven for Tottenham. He was inspirational against Villa leading the way for Spurs to come from behind and win the game 2-1. I have got to hand it to Harry. He is very good in the market.

Stoke beat Blackburn 1-0 in what I called the battle of the big people. Surprisingly the goal didn't come from a long throw or kick into the box but on the ground.

And I wrap it up with the most amazing news of the weekend. Bigger than Chelsea beating Arsenal or Liverpool losing to Blackpool. EVERTON HAVE WON A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! They beat Birmingham 2-0 ending Birmingham's amazing unbeaten run at home. They had to wait until the final minutes of the game to see their team win a game that they actually scored in as they went ahead because Johnson turned an Osman cross into his own net.

FOR ALL YOU EVERTON FANS OUT THERE WELL DONE AND MAKE IT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sonny, someone told me they call Fabianski ‘Flappy Handski’. Seems very unfair to me – what do you think?

    ReplyDelete