Saturday 28 August 2010

My view on the weekends action

Blackburn v Arsenal

I would think Arsenal straight away but when you look at the two teams you could say Blackburn might be in with a shout. My first reason for that is the completion of the signing Benjani. Arsenal haven't got the most solid back line so any new striker might cause us a problem. On the up side for Arsenal, Denilson is back from an abdominal injury, Konscielny is back from his ban, we have got a new defender called Squillaci so hopefully he will be good. Arsenal for me but don't be afraid to go Blackburn cause there could be an upset in the wings.

Blackpool v Fulham

I will say Fulham becuse of the way they played against Man Utd. It was incredible if they play like that against Blackpool they should win. But just because Blackpool lost 6-0 to Arsenal doesn't mean they might not do better against smaller opposition. They did beat Wigan 4-0.

Chelsea v Stoke City

I've got one word for you, Chelsea

Tottenham v Wigan

I would go for Spurs. You could argue they might be tired after their mid weak tie with Young Boys but Wigan for me just aren't a force to be reckoned with.

Wolves v Newcastle

Both teams have got off to pretty decent starts so watch out for goals. Carrol looks good and so does Nolan but for Wolves their whole team looks good. So I predict a good game. Newcastle have also got new signing Tiote to strengthen their midfield.

Man Utd v West Ham

Man Utd have proved they can score goals this season but they have failed to put Fulham away when they had the chance last weekend. So my advice to West Ham would be sit back and try to keep the deficit as small as possible and nick a goal on the break. They haven't had a very good start so a good result here could raise confidence to a new high.

Now on to Sunday

Bolton v Birmingham

Bolton have made a good start to the season as have Birmingham. They both have 4 points so both are yet to lose a game. If football was played on paper it would be a draw but football isn't played on paper is it.

Liverpool v W.B.A

Liverpool have had their fair share of criticism over the last few weeks but I think they will win this one because W.B.A just don't look strong enough even after a 1-0 win over Sunderland. I feel Liverpool will win this one on team size more than anything else.

Sunderland v Man City

Last week I said Sunderland would hold out against W.B.A but they couldn't. They couldn't even score one themselves so ended up losing the game. City look great and tore Liverpool to bits last weekend so should have no trouble dismantling a dodgy Sunderland defence.

Aston Villa v Everton

I was shocked when Villa lost against Newcastle I thought they would cope without Milner but I guess I was wrong. They are up against a Everton side who are making their usual start to the season. Slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment