Monday 30 August 2010

Sundays action

Sunday saw Bolton host Birmingham and that for me was the game of the day. The talking points were the red card and how Birmingham couldn't hold on to a 2 goal lead against 10 men. First the red card. What was the goalie thinking he has made a challenge, you have the ball don't square up to him let alone hit him. You can't have any arguments about it he has to go. Now, Birmingham have 35 minutes to defend a 2 goal lead against ten men. In the premier league you have to win from that position. They give away 2 fouls and its level. For me that is not good enough for a team who finished in the top half last season. Next Villa Everton. Villa took the lead with a class goal by Luke Young. And that is how it stayed. Everton had their chances to level but Villa had chances as well. So Everton can't say they were the better team because they weren't. If you go a goal down you need to score one or you lose, they didn't score so they lost. Liverpool beat W.B.A 1-0. I think Liverpool need to score more goals against those sort of opponents if they want to get back into the champions league. Sunderland answered their critics by narrowly beating Man City 1-0. For me it was a penalty but that isn't the point. The point is City had tons of chances to score and as I say you can't win if you don't score. City have got lots of talent but its scattered over the starting XI and the bench. I predict a lot of players leaving City in January.

4 comments:

  1. To be honest Sonny, as a Liverpool fan, I'm just grateful for the 3 points. The goals can come later. Great blog by the way. Who needs Alan Hansen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what happened to Everton! I know it's early days, but I just don't think we've started the season looking like a side that mean business, do we?

    By the way...I reckon there's a job on Match of the Day for you. The blog's great. Do me a favour and drop David Moyes a line and tell him what he needs to do to get the Toffees playing well again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Transfer window closes 6pm today Sonny. Any thoughts on who will move where and who needs who?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to say, why don't you tell people about fantasy footy on your blog? (Also, I'm now first). From Andrew and jane

    ReplyDelete